Happy Friday! I am officially 30 years
old young! It’s incredible how excited I am – don’t ask me why. Most of my friends were a little sad about turning 30, but apparently not me. 🙂 So for this Weekend Five I decided to come up with 5 reasons to embrace your 30s and fight the potential downsides of changing the prefix.
- Around 30 you finally accept who you are and feel more in touch with yourself and who you are. You know your limits, you know your capabilities, you know your body, you know what you want in life and you finally have some experience. 🙂 Oh, yes, this comes with time!
- Perfection does not exist! But feel free to go for the closest alternative – don’t try to be perfect, try to be the best version of you! You’ve got the mistakes you did in your 20s to learn from, so you won’t have to start from zero.
- Family, parents and grandparents, sisters, lifelong friends – you finally get to appreciate them more and cherish the time spent with them.
- It’s OK to make mistakes, really! It’s not the end of the world if you are wrong from time to time. Just think about mistakes as new experiences from which you learn, get better and avoid (as much as possible) the same mistakes. Took me 10 years to finally accept that I don’t have to be Miss(is) ‘Twasn’t-Me because it’s OK to make mistakes and not to think everyone will judge me on the spot because of those mistakes.
- Embrace your journey and savor all the moments! Beginning a new series of your life – what could be more exciting?! Make plans (new ones), set milestones and make wishes; then act upon them!
How did you feel when you turned 30?
What would have been the perfect birthday present for you?